Error when getting the index:forum_index

Submitted by marcv on Thu, 2009-03-19 21:00.Troubleshooting

We have just finished setting up dbsight for testing on our development server and indexing is completed. I can see the data is there when I go to Status Report > Index Content

When I do a search from the front page I get this error:

"Error when getting the index:forum_index "

I tried restarting the dbsight and also tried running it in the background and as a service to no avail.

Any ideas why it might be getting this "error when getting the index" message instead of returning results?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Submitted by will on Fri, 2009-03-20 06:05.

Could be related to firewall, or some unknown reason.

Please send us the log directory: WEB-INF/data/log And also the index configuration downloaded from the dashboard.

You can send us details to this email address: support at dbsight dot com.

Submitted by marcv on Fri, 2009-03-20 06:34.

Files emailed.

I do not think it is firewall because I am using localhost on same server that did the initial configuration and index population. Plus when using the dashboard I can see the data which means the app must be able to see the index. It just can't find it from the search.do script.

Hopefully you can help figure out where the issue may be. thanks

marc